Fire Extinguisher Service & Repair in Taupo
A fully charged, regularly serviced fire extinguisher can effectively prevent or slow the spread of a fire at its source, lowering the chances of property damage and injuries. However, suppose your commercial facility has fire extinguishers that are damaged or defective. In that case, it is essential to have them serviced as soon as possible to keep your building protected and up to NZ standards.
Spectrum Fire offers fire extinguisher repairs, as well as testing and inspections. We also provide hydrostatic pressure testing, sales, service, and more. Our company can service businesses throughout Taupo and the surrounding areas of Waikato.
When to Repair Your Fire Extinguishers
Fire extinguishers are not often used, if at all, so it is vital that they are inspected at least once a year. This will help you find any issues and make sure they are ready when you need them. At Spectrum Fire, our thorough fire extinguisher inspection and testing procedures are an easy way to help keep your building and staff safe. However, if we find any problems with your fire extinguishers, in that case, we will suggest the most appropriate solution for your situation, whether it be repairing, recharging, or replacing.
We also recommend repairing fire extinguishers that display any of the following problems:
- Inaccurate or damaged gauges
- Cracked, damaged or missing hoses or valves
- Damaged or missing handles, pull-pins, or other components
- Rusted, damaged, or leaking cylinders
Fire Extinguisher Repair in Taupo
Whether your fire extinguisher is missing a tag, failed an inspection, or discovered a problem during maintenance, you can count on Spectrum Fire for high-calibre, expert fire extinguisher maintenance. We have all the equipment required for in-depth diagnostics and repairs. Our services are cost-effective to keep your staff and building protected. We can service all fire extinguisher types, including:
- Carbon Dioxide fire extinguishers for electrical fires
- Dry Powder fire extinguishers for paper, wood, petrol, as well as electrical fires
- Foam fire extinguishers for petrol, oil, paint
- Water fire extinguishers for paper, wood, cloth
- Wet Chemical fire extinguishers for kitchen cooking oils, grease and fats
Why Choose Spectrum Fire for Fire Extinguisher Services in Taupo?
We are 100% dedicated to helping our customers save lives and avoid significant disasters like fires. By choosing Spectrum Fire for fire and building compliance services, you can expect:
- Friendly, knowledgeable personnel
- Industry-leading compliance services
- Unsurpassed service and expertise
- A one-stop solution for all your fire and building compliance needs
With our team at Spectrum Fire, you can rest assured that your staff and building are safe and protected with service that includes everything from fire extinguisher testing and repairs to backflow testing, fire alarm inspections, sprinkler testing, and more.
FAQs About Fire Extinguisher Service & Repair
What Are the Different Classes of Fire?
There are six different classes of fire.
- Class A fires are combustible solids such as wood, paper, cloth or plastic.
- Class B covers Flammable liquids such as petrol, Kerosene or paint.
- Class C Flammable gases such as LPG gas or natural gas.
- Class D protects against Combustible metals such as aluminium or magnesium.
- Class E protects against Electrically energised equipment such as short-circuited machinery or overloaded electrical cables, and
- Class F addresses Cooking fats and oils such as vegetable oil, fats and lard.
Each fire extinguisher uses different chemicals based on the kind of threat.
How Often Should Fire Extinguishers Undergo Service?
NZ standards say to inspect and test your fire extinguishers every year. This should be performed by a professional fire technician. This annual inspection can help to detect possible leaks and find any damaged extinguisher components that could hinder operation in an emergency.
Why Do Fire Extinguishers Expire?
Fire extinguishers can expire for several reasons. With time, the seal on the neck of the cylinder can weaken and become prone to leaks. Once pressure is lost, the extinguisher becomes useless and must be repaired or replaced.
How Often Do Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers Need Inspecting and Refilled?
CO2 fire extinguishers should be inspected annually and require refilling every five years. This process is comparable to refilling other extinguishers. During the refill process, the cylinder will be hydrostatically tested. This determines whether any stretches, cracks, or bulges are present that compromise the extinguisher’s integrity.
Can All Fire Extinguishers Be Repaired?
No, some fire extinguishers cannot be repaired. However, when we receive your fire extinguisher for repairs, we will tell you whether it can be repaired or requires replacement.
Our team of experts at Spectrum Fire Protection will be happy to explain the difference between different fire extinguishers and when which extinguisher is the correct one for your building.
We can also help you with any other fire and building compliance in Taupo. We are an IQP-registered company, fully qualified to carry out necessary compliance checks on buildings and fire protection equipment.